My new Rig

blizbiggy

Forum Fiend
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
639
A few people had asked about my new i7, so here it is.


http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01944.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01945.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01946.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01947.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01950.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01951.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01952.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01953.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01955.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01956.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01958.JPG


This is a WD Raptor X 150gb that I had in my previous system and putting it into the new one also.
http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01959.JPG

This is my storage Drive
http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01961.JPG

I also had a 4870x2 in my old system and here it is.
http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01962.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01964.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01966.JPG

http://www.tfaproject.org/download/pics/beast/DSC01967.JPG


With the blue neon's on, it lit up most of my hallway from shining in my room.

Total cost of the things on the table minus the drives and 4870x2 is 1075.02

With the Raptor X, 4870x2, 1TB HDD, and DVD and DVD Burner drives, the total cost comes out to ~$1995.02 The Raptor X and 1TB HDD and 4870x2 has since come down in price and you can prob get them for ~$250 less than the total of this system.


Performance
NOTE: The system runs Windows Vista Ultimate x64

In Team Fortress 2 on 2Fort with 32 players on it, I had got Lowest 95FPS and highest of 210FPS (that would be smacking a dispenser that is against the wall). It usually hit about 120fps for average. This is with max settings @ 1680x1050.

In L4D, the lowest framerate I had gotten is 110FPS while the max I had got was 245FPS in a tunnel on Blood Harvest. It averages ingame to about 140fps. This is with max settings @ 1680x1050.

In GTA IV, I can max all settings @ 1680x1050, except for draw distance which I have at 20, and the lowest I get is 25fps where the highest I had got was 62fps inside of safehouse. Outside highest is 55fps. It averages out to ~33fps.


Future Plans

I expect when ddr3 is more popular and cheaper, I am going to updgrade to its full potential of 24gb of ram. 6gb of ram will do me for now. Also for the next video card upgrade, I am going to move away from ATI and get an Nvidia card. This will be a while lol. And if I ever get close to that 1KW of Power, I will need to install my own 20 amp circuit just for this tower. It came with a 14AWG power cable rated at 105 Degrees Celsius.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top