Mapping Help Please

pickles

Thread Junky
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
787
Ok, so im really new at mapping. All I know how to do is make some walls and a spawnroom. I'm thinking (if someone helps me =D) of making a jail map. I know most of you are going to say "he knows nothing, dont bother helping him" but this is eGO and were a community. So please if someone or people coud post (or at least contribute) something to the following tutorial requests (even a link could help!)



1. All jail maps need cells! Please post a jail cell tutorial (including doors and stuff, pwease)

2. I've seen alot of jail maps with disco's. If someone could please post a disco room tut. Yay! (I mean thanks) With music if you know how.

3. ELEVATOR. This is a must for any map that I'm gonna make. Elevator tut pwease!

4. Umm...oh...I think I might know how to do this, but could someone pwease post a gun spawn tutorial (like gun rooms)

5. Settings. Any extra setting or stuff that could be usefull. By settings I mean like how to make someone spawn with certian weapons, programming buttons, etc)

6. Text. This I think is simple, but i see it on alot of maps also. Please just tell me (or a tut) on how to make text on walls & stuff.

Edit:

7. Ladders. I dont know if its a prop or an entity or what. Please Tell Me How!

Edit 2:

8. Breakable Walls. How do you do these? Like in cells & other things.

9. Last One (hopefully). Doors not button activated doors, but the one's where you press "e" on and they open

Edit 3:

THIS IS THE LAST ONE!. Lighting. How to get lighting in a map

Thats It!



Thanks to any people that contribute to helping me become a semi-good mapper!

Pickles! Any info on this can be PMed to me or emailed to me at [email protected] (or both)

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Wow, they have alot of tuts. Just what I need! Thanks midget!

Pickles
 
1.For jail cell if you want to see how to make it you are welcomed to decompile ba_jail_ego (with vmex that can be downloaded here http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Vmex ) and you can check whatever you want on that map.
2.Disco you need a button to start a sound i dont know the name of the sound entity and how to put custom sound on that sory.
3.Elevator that i dont know and the ting i know is that CSS+Mobile Stuff = fail all zombie escape maps have lots of bugs with the mobile boats stuff like that.
4.For gun rooms you just have to go in props and the prop name (if i remember) weapon_c4 tings like that.
5.For the settings that can also be seen in my map you need a weapon strip entity with some teleporters and all.
6.For custom decals you need photoshop and here is the tut, http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/2324
7.Ladders you can use the props to make the detail then make a nodraw brush that goes a little out of the detail. Make it a func_ladder.
8.Breakable you make a wall and go in is propreties and make func_breakable and you can mess with the settings.
9.And for the door if i remember (A long time since i mapped) its func_door or func_door_rotate.
10.Also for Lights its a prop called light you can make it flicker in all in the settings and if its for lighting storm that sorry i dont know how.
Hope that this helped if you have other questions feel free to ask
 

Latest posts

Back
Top