I need your help.

Angeal

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
995
Alright i want to be able to play left for dead, But i don't want to spend 700$, on a pc i don't need, if i could get a new video card for my system,i would like to do that.
Pictures below and links

My video card i want to get
Radeon X1650
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161257
GeForce 7600GS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133176

Decide what videocard is better

Picture with old video card

Leftfordead2.png


Leftfordeaddetals.png
 
Last edited:
Alright Thankyou Guys and i will take pictures when i get it! Also i will take pictures of my system too
 
Good luck man! Nothin is more refreshing than a new video card =]
 
Will my 500 Watt Power Supply work on it too?
And i also have a Single Cpu so will it work?
 
Last edited:
right now I am using the Saphire radeon x1650 pro graphics card in pci-E.
my brother got the same exact card for AGP a few years ago for christmas.

I play tf2 on all high with 4xaa and no motion blur at about 40-60 fps constant.
I played the l4d demo all high 4xaa, motion blur enabled, at 1280x1024 and I never went below 35fps.

Will my 500 Watt Power Supply work on it too?
And i also have a Single Cpu so will it work?

It isn't the same card that I have, but I run mine on a 500w PSU and it's been 2 years since I put the card in and I have never had issues with it.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, your system is very dated now. AGP has basically gone the way of the dinosaur. I would try not to put much more money into your system. Get the card, which looks fine btw, and see how it works. I bet the PSU is more than adequate. As Turtle said, you will have a bottleneck with your CPU but i dont think it will be a show stopper. You should be good until you get your next gen system. Let us know how it goes!
 
turtle was rite cause i remember when i got tf2 & i had issues w/ goin into battle, my fps went 2 like 2-3 & i was always tryin 2 figure it out. found out that it was my cpu. so i got a new mobo & a dual core cpu (now i can get into battle w/o any issues whatsoever). also dude, if & when u do decide 2 get a new mobo & cpu, ill sell u my 7600gt (when my new video card gets here) & my 7600 runs on pci-e x16, so u cant use it rite now.
 
I actually have that same processor but my mobo has a PCI-e slot. You're kind of up the creek with that AGP slot. I run anything source cranked with 4xAA since that's all my mobo allows (8800 640mb geforce I got for cheap). I know it may be a pain, but you'd honestly be better off buying a barebones kit and a new video card. Between the 2, you could get away with spending less than $400 and you'd be set for a while compared to just buying a new AGP card which is like using a band-aid to fix a hole in the dam.

Check out compusa.com and frys.com. Both have some very good deals and since comp usa just bought out tiger direct, I've been getting some good deals there lately. Also, I'm kind of lucky to have two brick and mortars in the area of each I can run over to.
 
Aright Then i need to get alot of cash then lol i only got 20$ So i get a job or sell something :P
 
Will my 500 Watt Power Supply work on it too?
And i also have a Single Cpu so will it work?

Power supply should be OK. I have a 350 Watt with a pentium 4 3.0 GHZ and a Ati X1950 and it works fine. L4D runs perfectly on the processor also.
 
Well here it go's, I'm going to buy the 60 dollor card, put it in and see how it

runs and how i like it, If I'm not happy with it then, I'm going to send it back

and get a barebones kit, Also going to buy left for dead for it too, so if it works

with the new card and no lag Then alright, If not Then keeping the game and

sending the card back and getting A barebones kit

if it was me i'll be getting the Barebone kit but, Because my dad said he get me A new video card only i have to take him up on that offer :D

cool with everyone else?
And many thanks for helping me :)
 
Last edited:
Well ya gotta do what ya gotta do, hehe. Hope it all works out and odds are as long as the video card holds up it's end of the bargain, you'll be ok to keep playing source games.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top