iTouch, can it be revived?

?moddedu

Thread Junky
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
885
Well, it is a long shot but it is worth a try. My mom basically washed my itouch in the washer. Can it be fixed? :(
 
i dropped headphones on my itouch the day i got it and it cracked the screen, so i bet your touch blew up in the washer.
 
first of all... make sure it is absolutely 100% dry before you try anything!

that means inside AND out, so give it a long good time to dry before trying to turn it on.

Finally, if it doesnt work and you are still under warranty, then again, make sure it is completely dry (and hopefully doesnt look like it has any water damage) and call apple, jump through their tech support hoops and get them to send you a replacement.
 
Yeah, Apple doesn't cover water damage. So you better have some story ready when contacting their customer support.

My nano met the same fate.
 
have you mom call the home owners insurance if she has any on the house. They might cover this. I have my canon rebel xti and my iTouch covered under my insurance. If its not covered they can add a separate plan for a few dollars a year and its worth it. Give it a shot and see what they say
 
have you mom call the home owners insurance if she has any on the house. They might cover this. I have my canon rebel xti and my iTouch covered under my insurance. If its not covered they can add a separate plan for a few dollars a year and its worth it.

O.o
I'd never thought of this..
I'm really not sure why.

As for your Touch, good luck fixin' it.
I know I've fixed my share of cell phones over the past few years (I found one in the bottom of the sink filled with water at school not long ago, brought it home, dried the insides and outsides, and after an hour or so of jus lettin it sit, voila, a new activated cell phone .. Don't need it, but its still activated). But I'm not sure about the touch .. I have one as well, but never put it through water (unless rain drops count on droppin' on the screen) and I've never cracked the screen .. I don't even have a warranty (was too broke at the time) and I jail broke mine. ;|
 
Washed it huh? lol

Supposedly putting electronics in the freezer for a short amount of time and taking them out can get the electrical current flowing again.
 
Supposedly putting electronics in the freezer for a short amount of time and taking them out can get the electrical current flowing again.

Orly?
Cause I would have thought putting something that was just washed (water) in to a FREEZER would screw it up worse .. Due to the fact that it would freeze whatever water is left in there ..? Idk, that's just me.
 
white rice gets all of the water out I did that with my phone and it work fine after
not cook rice
 
Last edited:
White rice absorbs the water.
Your issue is that the iPod won't drain because the insides of a touch is riddled with few spaces so water gets caught up in there and you can't get it out. What you need to do is call Apple, and talk to a representative. They can walk you through the process and tell youif you can get a replacement. It depends on if your warranty covers water damage.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top