I've been going to a LAN lately and playing CoD WaW with several of my friends. One thing I have noticed that irks me however, is that my friends who have dual core AMD processors are loading much faster than I am (I have a AMD 9600 ~2.3 Ghz quad core). And not as in they beat me by a second, but by around 15-20 seconds. Even the "rental computers" at the LAN load faster than mine, and they are bare bones systems.
For additional info, I don't run any programs in the background except STEAM and HWMonitor, and I regularly clean out my PC with CCleaner and Malware antibytes or something like that, so I don't think it's spyware/adware.
Could it be that WaW doesn't support multi-threading?
For additional info, I don't run any programs in the background except STEAM and HWMonitor, and I regularly clean out my PC with CCleaner and Malware antibytes or something like that, so I don't think it's spyware/adware.
Could it be that WaW doesn't support multi-threading?





