CoD WAW Error

Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
185
Hey guys, posted this over in the COD forum but figured I'd post it here too.
Hey guys. I know I don't venture over here too much but I figured you guy would be the best people to help me with it. (Note, the game is retail, not the steam version)

First off, my system:

Windows XP Home SP 2 (5.1 build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3.40 GHz
2046 MB DDR2 System Ram
BFG NVidia 8600 GT (latest drivers)
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS (latest drives)
DirectX 9

And now my problem:

When trying to launch the single player game, the splash screen (small rectangle in the middle of the screen that reads "Call of Duty: World At War") pops up, then the screen goes black as if it is about to load, then it flickers back to my desktop a couple of times until finally just stopping dead at my desktop again.
When trying to launch the multiplayer I get the splash screen, the flickering black, and then an error message that reads: "Error During Initialization: Unhandled Exception Caught"

I have tried every trick on the internet for XP and nothing seems to work! Did anyone else on XP have this problem? If so what did you do to correct it? Thanks in advance guys.
 
I had that error, all i did was reinstall cod waw and it worked fine.
 
Your gonna have to call activision, or post under support ont heir site.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top