Creative Driver issues.

@nti-Virus

Poster
Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
199
Hey guys,

I haven't been able to install new Sound Drivers, as i get an error "Error I-001"
Through Troubleshooting, I have been informed that it is a " corrupt File " warning of a sort. I have checked Creative's site, Low and behold, they know nothing of their own problem. I was hoping someone else had this issue, and can help me resolve it.

- Additional Information:

- Windows Vista 32bit
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

- Any questions, Just ask. I'll answer.
 
ah, the audigy 2 zs, good card, had one myself a few years back.

I would uninstall everything that has to do with creative and the card. once everything is uninstalled go into the BIOS and make sure all onboard sound is disabled. Double check you have the correct driver. This should be it:

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10581

also, make sure you have all your windows updates, especially service pack 1.

if it still does not work try an older driver. and double check you have the plain audigy 2zs and not the platinum or gamer edition.

-Blue
 
Yea, Well, I was tryin to install for the the regular ZS, cause thats what i thought i had, when my dad came along and said " nono, Its the platinum " So i DL'd the vista driver, tried to install, and got the error....

I already deleted all the stuff to deal with creative, although the " creative audio console " won't uninstall from my Program features ( add / remove )

All i didn't do is check if onboard was off on Bios, But i doubt its on.... I've never had a problem till i went to install these new drivers.
 
honestly, stay away from creative and vista if you can help it. They have awful support for vista, especially in the drivers department. Try emailing their support, they may give you some new method to uninstall their stuff.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top