Mouse pad?

Kibo

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
812
So i need a new mouse pad. It doesn't have to be anything special, I just want one that looks pretty cool. Anyone got any sites?

I'm really sick of the cow-spotted gateway 2000 one I have now. The white is nearing the color brown...
 
I just have a new one, from steelSeries, It's awsome !!
 
... I haven't used a mouse pad since I got an optical mouse.. Other then the dog hair once and a while I find it works better. Then again, it depends on how smooth your surface is.

Check here, they have some pretty neat stuff (I know these one mouse pad on there that tweaks my interest, but I can't post it here as its NSFW) -- http://www.xoxide.com/mousepads.html

http://www.xoxide.com has some pretty wicked stuff.. That's where I got my computer case from (with a cup holder and cigarette lighter I might add) ;)
 
Im using a Razer eXactMat, control side...

thing is great, even came with a wrist gel rest thingy free :D
 
I used to use a cordless mouse with an Ouija board mouse pad. Freaks people out when you tell them the mouse will move by itself :eek:

Aside: That xoxide site has some cool stuff. Like this - http://www.xoxide.com/xray1.html
 
I used to use a cordless mouse with an Ouija board mouse pad. Freaks people out when you tell them the mouse will move by itself :eek:

That made me lol.
:P

BTW -- I have that cup holder / cig lighter.. Its kinda useless for me, seeing as I have a door on my computer and all, but it still looks cool! :D

You find one yet?
Gotta keep us updated man.
 
Last edited:
A mouse pad is a mouse pad is a mouse pad. I didn't use for for a very long time with my optical mouse, but I eventually wore down my keyboard/mouse tray on the desk and had to buy one. Went to the local Tiger Direct Outlet (now a Comp USA) and bought some huge black one for $4. I had to cut it because it was too big for the desk. Why waste money on a fancy one when odds are you're going to spill something on it or wear it out sooner or later.
 
When buying a mousepad, it's important to think of what you're going to be doing with the mouse. If you do photoshop/movie editing where you have the mouse sensitivity turned down and need to make larger movements, a big mousepad made of cloth or such will probably be better than a small plastic one, whereas for gaming, you want something that will be a smooth surface that doesn't have to be that big.

I've had a Funcpad Archetype for 3 years now, I'll swear by it. It's about 20 bucks on newegg and such, so it's pricier than the cheapo stuff from Wallyworld, but you don't have to worry about spills since it's plastic, makes for easy cleanup. I use the upper right end of mine for a coaster :D
Ah, and it has 2 sides, one that is slick and the other is a bit rougher. I used the slick side for forever but had to switch to the rougher side because the slick side was getting worn down too much.
 
Anything with a gel pad. Believe me, after two hours on a rough pad, it hurts like hell.
 
Back
Top