Apple keynote

OODA Loop

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
678
never been a fan of apple but here is basically what happened (mostly pics)

http://live.gdgt.com/2009/01/06/live-macworld-2009-keynote-coverage/







img_0154.jpg


crazy
 
I honestly can say that there is nothing shown there that impresses me. It just amazes me that people spend that much money on that garbage.
 
the pic in OP's post is what steve jobs has running inside him
 
I honestly can say that there is nothing shown there that impresses me. It just amazes me that people spend that much money on that garbage.

Its not garbage. Have you ever used a mac for a extended period of time. You will come to enjoy them more then windows. I'm running a windows box and have a mac book pro. I'm not a fan boy I just see that both operating systems have there benefits. The mac is smooth and fast with everything I do, no worry of infections and third party software is amazing. Plus iTunes actually runs well with tiger. Also the operating system is built for the hardware. Not the other way around like windows. On the other hand my windows box is a gaming beast. q6600, gtx260, 8gb of ddr2 800, raid 0, evga 750i ftw. I use it for general web surfing and gaming. They both are good for different things. Also to show you how much I mean this I have both machines sitting next to each other using synergy between the two so I use one keyboard and mouse and it acts like I have two displays even though its two different operating systems. I use both every day and I recommend that everyone gives mac's a try before ripping into them. There cost are expensive but its worth it in the long run.

P.S. if you program then mac is the way to go.
 
lol

ahahahah music lessons and dance lessons on the computer....ahahahahah lazy noobs go take lessons.

and the industry growth bar graph is the biggest lie ive seen in a while. apple is nowhere close to rising above microsoft and never will because their computers are for people who are stupid about computers, and that crowd is shrinking by the day. All apples are good for is photoshop and illustrator.

the only cool things was the battery chem and the large SSD.

but seriously, how can you take this event seriously, al gore was there! lol like a circus

-Blue
 
Its not garbage. Have you ever used a mac for a extended period of time. You will come to enjoy them more then windows. I'm running a windows box and have a mac book pro. I'm not a fan boy I just see that both operating systems have there benefits. The mac is smooth and fast with everything I do, no worry of infections and third party software is amazing. Plus iTunes actually runs well with tiger. Also the operating system is built for the hardware. Not the other way around like windows. On the other hand my windows box is a gaming beast. q6600, gtx260, 8gb of ddr2 800, raid 0, evga 750i ftw. I use it for general web surfing and gaming. They both are good for different things. Also to show you how much I mean this I have both machines sitting next to each other using synergy between the two so I use one keyboard and mouse and it acts like I have two displays even though its two different operating systems. I use both every day and I recommend that everyone gives mac's a try before ripping into them. There cost are expensive but its worth it in the long run.

P.S. if you program then mac is the way to go.

macs have their advantages if youre an artist or youre poor. oh wait...nevermind.
 
i always say this mac's are the best at ALL but gaming if you want a gaming monster you need Vista or XP or windows 7 when it comes out
 
When it comes out yeah right.... about that.... ummmmmm..... sooooo.... onto a different topic

you honestly do sound like a mac fanboy.

Windows 7 is honestly awesome. The beta is a really nice piece of software.

If I want a system that runs quick, does everything I want it to, and looks awesome, I'll run linux.... oh wait, I am :P
 
you honestly do sound like a mac fanboy.

Windows 7 is honestly awesome. The beta is a really nice piece of software.

If I want a system that runs quick, does everything I want it to, and looks awesome, I'll run linux.... oh wait, I am :P

Sneaker posted that he uses both machines and likes them both, how is he a fanboy?
 
you honestly do sound like a mac fanboy.

Windows 7 is honestly awesome. The beta is a really nice piece of software.

If I want a system that runs quick, does everything I want it to, and looks awesome, I'll run linux.... oh wait, I am :P

When I said that I ment I was running it and I was trying to keep a low profile. I agree that Windows 7 is awesome. A lot of improvements over vista which wasn't to shabby either. I enjoy the windows operating systems from xp sp2 and up. As long as you have a well built machine windows runs fine. I use to hate macs and finally started using my friends a lot and enjoyed it. Like I said before I use them both for different things and I would run linux but sometimes when I just want something to work like a piece of hardware It should just work instead with linux you can spend hours on forums trying to find a way for it to work.
 
When i said that it was because I already had it before the beta came out and I was trying to act low key. I knew it was coming out soon because I'm using it to post this.

when you said "when it comes out yeah right" i had the impression you thought it would be a while, my bad

-Blue
 
macs have their advantages if youre an artist or youre poor. oh wait...nevermind.

Macs can do anything a pc can without the risk of getting a virus. I don't suppose you have ever used a mac for an extended period of time?
BTW i run both windows and mac on my macbook pro, and i have a windows laptop....so i use both.
 
Last edited:
Macs can do anything a pc can without the risk of getting a virus. I don't suppose you have ever used a mac for an extended period of time?
BTW i run both windows and mac on my macbook pro, and i have a windows laptop....so i use both.

this is false, macs can also get viruses, just not as easily. do you know why macs dont get many viruses? because nobody cares about macs enough to write a virus for it. and PC's can do a lot more than a mac can and let me tell you why. Third-party software. few people write software for macs compared to the amount written for PC's and that is why the majority of the world uses a PC, it is mainstream.

You have more freedom building a PC, and they are cheaper. so I guess me stating that macs are for poor people is hypocritical because macs are way way way overpriced.

Yes I have used a mac for an extended period of time. I had to use one for about two months a summer ago while away from home. Its user friendly but thats about it. Not a huge advantage for me because im not computer-stupid.

Also, i hope you feel extra special for bringing up a 3 month-old thread.:glare:

-Blue
 
Last edited:
As right as Blue Stealth is, i still have to gesture that this thread is about 3-4 months old. Dont bump older threads please.
 
Back
Top