Anyone ever played NBA 2K9?

What game is better: NBA Live 2008 or NBA 2K9?

  • NBA Live 2008

    Points: 6 60.0%
  • NBA 2K9

    Points: 4 40.0%

  • Total voters
    10

L1m!teD

Poster
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
197
I know this isn't exactly the type of game to be played online, but has anyone ever played this game along with EA's NBA Live 2008? I think that 2K Sports are a lot better when it comes to making NBA games. The 2K9 blew the crap out of NBA Live! Anyway if you ever played them then post your opinions on the games!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi, explicit. My opinion on the new 2k9 is tht it should get a friekin video game award!
I mean i am not much of a sports video game person but this (removed by Capn) blew my socks off! lol.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
2K trumps EA any day of the week imo.
I have both, the NBA 2K9 and Live 09.
Theres a number of glitches in Live 09, such as if you block a ball, the team that blocked it (as long as it goes outta bounds), gets it back. Not to mention you can step about a foot outside the court boundries and not be called for out of bounds.. The only complaint I have with 2k9 this year, is that the charging calls are a little weak, but thats the only thing I've found so far..

Which system do you have it for? If its 360, I'll play ya sometime. :)
 
Where's my "no" option? xD I don't like sports games... I'd rather just go play basketball in real life.
 
ALL SPORTS games are the same as last year... $60, same teams... however there are different stats (zomg oh noes!!! Lebron James got 1 more dunk them last year??!?!?!) somewhat different playability (plays, new pwning method, and my favorite the trash talking).

HOWEVER, they can turn this allllll around by bringing up a new method. Actually playing like the player himself... oh wait... they have done that 4 times now. hmmmmmmm. How about after 3 consecutive shots the ball catches on fire!!! Oh wait, they did that in NBA Jam.

Sorry folks... the games are all the same :(, But im not saying don't buy the game, because the more money you give them the more they have to spend on new ideas!!! It is kind of like a Browns fan... yeah they suck this year, but next year... OHHH YEAH!
 
Where's my "no" option? xD I don't like sports games... I'd rather just go play basketball in real life.

I play basketball in real life too. I'm in my town's junior team. But I play NBA when I don't have practice or in winter when I can't go out and play streetball.
 
I play highschool ball right now, starting gaurd! I have always liked 2k better, just because its cheaper, and I think easier to play!
 
I play as a shooting guard in the starting team. But my secondary position is small forward, so I play as small forward too.
 
sorry, would rather chew cardboard then play NBA 2k9... controls are just... off
 
I play ball in real life too, starting shooting guard for both school and my city's select team, and like Xplicit, I can't exatcly go outside and shoot hoops on the street right now, as theres about 3" of snow covering my hoop.. and the street .. and its like -15?C. That, and I can't afford a gym member ship to go play at the local gym. ;(
 
I play ball in real life too, starting shooting guard for both school and my city's select team, and like Xplicit, I can't exatcly go outside and shoot hoops on the street right now, as theres about 3" of snow covering my hoop.. and the street .. and its like -15?C. That, and I can't afford a gym member ship to go play at the local gym. ;(

Plus my city team practices in the school gym and they don't give memberships there. I wouldn't think of playing in the city gym cause the hoop is 8'10" high and I could probably do an elbow dunk there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top