Looking for EGO CAL info..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diggles

Poster
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
200
Well, now that i think that ive dusted off the 2 years of dust from not playing DoD, i was curious about CAL. I was wondering if anyone is in it, do we have a team(s) and so on and so forth. Id like to be get into a team , but to be honest...... dont have a clue on how to do so.. So, any help on this would be super. =)
 
There was actually a CAL match earlier today. The tryouts were a couple months ago, but I guess if you're interested, you could talk to Bill Clinton, assuming you can track him down. Unfortunately, I've forgotten some of the requirements, and you might need to be at least a G in order to apply. I don't have a whole lot of information, I didn't tryout.

As a note, DoD and CS both have CAL teams. CoD4 has a competitive team, though I'm not exactly sure what that means/entails. TF2 does not, and most likely will not ever, have a CAL/competitive team.
 
we have a cal team but the rosters were closed so you cant join anymore
 
ur gonna have to wait till the next season starts up and im not sure when that is
 
Yup, so you can get your training gear on and learn the maps we're gonna play next season. Just play them on third-party servers like the Kustom Kettle (www.kustomkettle.us). They run some of the maps though not all. If you can, try and learn some of the callouts too.
 
you also needed to have a certain amount of points and such on the servers...i think...to join in
 
No certain amount of points is required, you just need to speak with some people on the CAL team...playing the Kustom Kettle is a very good idea, as rules are almost same as CAL..getting used to friendlyfire...playing with (usually) other CAL players...it's good fun, but...not eGO (anymore). They're good guys that run it, and welcome eGO members.

Otherwise, just talk to Bergen, Soma, VerticalKiller, Myself, BILL CLINTON, or any one of us guys...we're glad to help.
 
lol, and me! :p But in all seriousness, just hang out with the KK guys, they're experts and pr0z :p We actually usually play warm-up there before a CAL match. They have no medic mod, ff on and 100 tick.
Sadly, the KK server has been deadish lately, but it usually fills up pretty fast whenever there's like 2-5 ppl onthere.
 
Yeah, ya'll are free to get yer buttocks in the KK server. If myself or Bill are there, we'll be happy to switch it to any map people request... including ones you may need to practice on. Furthermore, during the regular CAL season I try to ensure that the CAL map of the week is running in the rotation.

But the main idea here is simply: practice practice practice. And DO NOT do all your practice on just one map. You need to build overall skills on a multitude of maps. I speak from experience (albeit poorly...), as I ran the eGO and KK CAL Teams for a short stint last year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top