Overclocking help

L1m!teD

Poster
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
197
Okay so I overclocked my graphics card (EN9600GSO) to about 1100MHz Memory Clock and 700MHz GPU Clock and I tested it with 3DMark and it was running good, smoother than before. Then I tried to overclock my CPU, and I didn't even raise it very high, when I closed the BIOS the computer was running but the monitor didn't show the picture. Is this happening because of the overclocking? Plus I'm running a 400W PSU and I've had trouble with it (it was getting very hot). Can the PSU be the problem or is it something else?
 
u overclocked it to much and it wont post...u have to reset your cmos..
if cpu temp is anywhare near 40c stock,dont overclock.
 
Last edited:
But it's not the graphics card. The PC was running good with it overclocked. I tested it on games and hell it was good. But I've had this kind of problems before with the same PSU. The PC would have shut down in the middle of a game, movie, application or something else and it would have turned on again. And it would keep restarting until I re-plugged the electricity cable.
 
Anyway my dad owns a PC store and he took my PC to see what the problem is. I've recently had it formatted and my dad had to use another PSU because the system would have shut down in the middle of the formatting.
 
how much are u Oc'ing it, with a 400 watt ur already gonna push it with oc'ing ur v-card, doing the same to ur cpu may overload the power supply and its not gonna do a full post if thats the case




Intel core 2 Duo 6550
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
2 gig kingston
xfx 8800GT
 
Last edited:
But it's not the graphics card. The PC was running good with it overclocked. I tested it on games and hell it was good. But I've had this kind of problems before with the same PSU. The PC would have shut down in the middle of a game, movie, application or something else and it would have turned on again. And it would keep restarting until I re-plugged the electricity cable.

i wasent talking about the card...you said tha card was fine..then you oced the cpu and it wont come on..cause you overclocked it to much and it wont post...
 
overclocking will burn your system out fast - could be a heat issue with both overclocked
 
Well it seems that the PSU was the problem. I got a new one (along with a new CPU cooler) and the PC seems to work fine! I won't try overclocking the CPU until I get a better PSU (800W or 1200W). Thanks for the help anyway!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top