windows 7 install help

Evil-Jester

EGO Zealot
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
1,573
ok so i got windows 7 downloaded and i HAD it on a disk and tryed to boot from cd but nothings worken and i cannot find any help on the net :\ please help wanna use windows 7
 
bios> boot order> DVD-RW/ what ever your cd drive is /Sata drive or IDE Drive/Floppy ewww?/ USB if ur mobo supports it if this works +rep
 
This is why it's still in BETA. All the kinks aren't fixed yet. :)
But, it might not even be Window's fault. Are you sure you tried the above methods? You have to actually set it in boot order for it to boot.
 
yes i tryed and it just gose right to vista so lator im gunna re-download windows 7 and try it then
 
download > hammer > curse > blue screen > out the window (<--- c wut i did thar)

but seriously... windows in beta form has always had problems. 7 looked good... but their wil always be those problems... in fact many problems. Don't really know what to tell ya, but i guess you can try and call them and pester them with questions. :D
 
I agree with sticking with xp, vista is fail for power gamers, and I have yet to see any significant details for windows 7.
 
I'm Running XP as well, I'm very happy with it, All of us have XP here
Mom,Dad,& my self.
 
im just going to wait until they release the full ver. dont care how long i have to wait :)
 
I also tried donwloading at least 5 different times and finally got it on the last try... Thnx MS. Anyway I just installed on my old laptop even tho the min. requirements were not met. Took awhile to get it installed over XP since you can't upgrade to it unless you have Vista... thnx again MS. But thats what you get for beta.
 
First of all, if you are having troubles getting it from microsoft, grab it from torrents or usenet. The disc image is the exact same and you can still register with the legit cd-key you got from MSFT.

Also, you need to make sure you format the drive/partition you want to install it on because if you don't (and it somehow actually lets you continue) that will cause nothing but problems.

TBH this beta feels like some of the console betas that have come out to the masses (read: not actually beta). I used vista from winter '05 (still in beta then) until a few days ago, and this doesn't compare at all. There is really no reason to wait if you are sure your stuff will work. The only driver I haven't gotten working is my motherboard chipset driver, and the only reason it doesn't work is because intel coded into the driver .exe to check for OS code to make sure it's compatible. All drivers that windows didn't install itself I installed from the vista counterparts. Test it out on a separate partition and if it works, by all means give it a go!

P.S. Don't forget to download the mp3 fix. No mp3s will be harmed if you don't open windows media player before you install these updates.

32-bit (x86) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8b-d574-4e39-b4ba-67b859a242b7&displaylang=en

64-bit (x64) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...3c-9370-4fda-b4c8-5dc63d55626d&displaylang=en

P.P.S. I have gamed on vista for years and been fine. Gaming on windows 7 is fine as well, I get better fraps in WoW with 7 and still getting maxed framerate in CSS! (only games I have played since installing it.)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top