Nvlddmkm

dunk182

The Dunker
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
562
"display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I just don't know what to do anymore, i have tried everything,

I am running Vista Home Premium SP1, an AMD athlon x2 6400, a Nvidia 8500 GT, 4 gigs of buffalo 800 Mhz ram, and an Asus M3N78-EM
 
Bump any help? i cant play games, when i enter DOD, the valve screen works fine, then it turns black. but i can hear the back ground noise and hear the clicks of the menu
 
I had a similar problem at one point and found that my graphics card had gotten unplugged from its power source. What kind of power stage unit do you have, and is your graphics card rated for it?
 
Pretty sure it's your graphic's card driver not responding. Do you have the latest driver installed?
If you don't, install it. If you do, reinstall it.
 
I had alot of problems with Nvidia garphics cards I switched to ATi.
 
well thats the problem, i have installed the latest one 3 times and it BSOD, when i put in the 163.XX it works but the driver dies when i try to play a game.
 
The next thing I would look for is driver corruption. Happens all the time and there is nothing you can do to prevent it really.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Driver-Cleaner-Professional-download-745.html

Driver Cleaner Professional

Install this utility

Start your computer in safe mode, and run the tool, select Nvidia Display hit the >
and then hit the little broom icon to run the cleaner. It will completely wipe out any lingering pieces of drivers for your video card.

Restart like normal, and then install the latest Nvidia driver.

If this fails to help there are some other issues going on.
 
ok i reinstalled windows, and i can see the main menus but not it crashes midgame, hmm.
 
I believe I remember having this exact same problem with my laptop. What happened was, my RAM was bad, it ended up corrupting my video card from the excess heat. I replaced my RAM and its fixed some problems, but not all. I eventually got Dell to replace my motherboard(the graphics card was a geforce 7400 go so it was integrated) and taking out the video card fixed all.

Now, with your problem, it really, sadly, sounds like a hardware problem, not a driver or software problem. So I would check on your RAM and do some diagnostics there.

Now, in my opinion your graphics card is dying. The memory on your graphics card is probably failing, giving you driver errors and runtime errors.

If you completely formatted and reinstalled windows and the problem remains, its pretty obvious its hardware causing the problem.

Good luck,
-Blue
 
Last edited:
I had alot of problems with Nvidia garphics cards I switched to ATi.

ROFL
nice
when windows crashes switch to umm umm you cant
dang you microsoft
dunk has this machine ever played games properly with this card !!!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top