Anyone using the nvida physx with a second card?

Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
77
So as the title says are you using the nvidia physx driver support with a second card. If so what card and how well does it work?
 
I'm interested as well. From what I've seen you don't have to even have to have an SLI bridge between the cards. I've seen some having a GTX200 series card with an 8800GT or 9800GT for physics. Which makes me wonder if a person could use a Nvidia card for physics and perhaps have a ATI card as a main? (I know that you need an Intel or AMD chipset for Crossfire and an Nvidia chipset for SLI (With the exception of the X58 chipset) but because the cards aren't hooked together for one to run physics, I'm just wondering If you need 2 Nvidia cards to do this)
 
I've got a gtx260 and I'm thinking about picking up a 8800 or 9800 for the physics because they are starting to get pretty cheap. You don't need a sli bridge I know that much but there aren't many reviews on the performance from what I looked at. If anyone from experience or through the grape vine knows about any reviews that would be awesome.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top