Just a little arguement.

Which would you go for?


  • Total voters
    21

iamchi001

Rookie
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
35
One of my firends and I are kind of haveing an arguement. We can't agree on which is a better idea. So I thought I'd let you guys decide. The question is would you buy a gameing rig from a big name brand company or small independant (nothing wrong, just small) business if you could save hundreds of dollars? Basiclly is hundreds (possible >$500) of dollars worth the giant cold security blanket you get from big companies? I've heard alot of different opinons on this.
 
read, learn and save yourself big money and
BUILD YOUR OWN!!

big and small companies alike cut corners to save money and charge you more for more profit
 
yeah id build your own, i saved thousands of dollars in 2008 alone building my own computer

-Blue
 
I'm not currently in the market for a rig its just a weird little debate that got started.
 
Yeah, building your own PC is ridiculously easy, just takes some research and time. Do it your self and get the best possible PC to do exactly what you want to do at exactly what you are willing to pay.
 
my dad doesnt think that way. hes all bout lettin other ppl (not me) build a machine for him (mostly laptops now). my dad cant stand desktops ne more so hes now a laptop guy.
 
Build your own. Hands down :p

Pre-Built are over price and aint good. My old computer was 1.7k for a cheap stuff and if i build my own i was only 600$ without monitor..700 with monitors..Look how cheap that is compare to pre-built
 
Yeah my pc was custom build by my dad witch he custom, his too he got a better pc and gave me his old one

Everything he's got is new.

mines got some outdated stuff.
 
as is a common case you will find with gamers, I prefer to build my own so I can hand pick everything. By building my own, I can stretch my budget out to better parts... for example, the 3870 was the top of the line ATI when I built my computer. I spent ~$1000 on my computer and got the 3870 along with several other top of the line pieces for literally thousands less than what it would have cost to find those pieces in a pre-built rig.
 
Yes, hand picking items is 99.9% of the time cheaper and gets you a much better product in the end, only downside is NO customer support, so simply said.. dont mess up XD
 
Build your own. More expensive, but YOU choose what you get in every aspect.

Custom rigs also tend to last longer if you build into them the ability to upgrade.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top