Is this build any good?

L1m!teD

Poster
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
197
Hey guys I was thinking of buying a new computer that's not that expensive and I was wondering if this one is good:
3GB DDR2 RAM
AMD Phenom x3 Triple Core 8650+
320GB SATA-2 Western Digital 7200RPM
ASUS M2N-MX SE Plus
ASUS ATI EAH3650 512MB DDR2 (Planning on changing it with ASUS GeForce EN9600GSO 384MB DDR3)
Is this good or should I make a home-build PC?
It should cost about $425
 
Last edited:
Yeah I can build one myself but it's gonna cost much more than this. But I'll rethink about buying I'm pretty satisfied with my current PC:
2GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
ABIT Fatal1ty AN8 Non-SLI
HDD 320GB Western Digital 7200RPM
ASUS GeForce EN9600GSO 384MB DDR3
As you can see the motherboard and the graphics card do most of the work here.
 
What do you think? Should I buy a new one or can this one last for 3-4 months?

Is there a real need for you to get a new box right now? If not, you could wait and get an even better system for about the same price you'd pay now (give or take =P).
 
it really depends, do you intend on running more than one game at a time or will you be running only, lets say tf2? if your only running one game that pc will be fine with aprox 70 fps min in any eGo server. But once you start running like 2-3 different games you will hit minor lags and prob 20-30 fps max. and if you plan on running a server in the backround which is what i do sometimes, definatly build your own, you can make a much better one
 
no i have learned to have your money and actually get something that is going to last. if not you going to be spending more money in the long run.
 
Well anyone has any suggestions about a build? What should I use and stuff like that...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top