Lets call this one "Handloader"

Arn0t

Thread Junky
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
868
Ok well here is my new computer that i am going for. Right now im currently running a pentium 4 @ 2.53GHz :eek: and i think its time for an upgrade ;)

So here is what i am planning on buying (keep in mind, its going to be cheap, cause i currently dont have the best job, im still in highschool, and i need it right now cause this P4 is bugging the crap outta me)


Foxconn A7DA-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186150


XFX HD-485X-YDFC Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150337


OCZ OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341018


G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122


AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor (Already Ordered :D)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103234


Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136319

LG 22X DVD?R DVD Burner with LightScribe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136153
 
Are you sure you don't want to go for an intel based system ?
 
if yo've got an ATi card then I would have gone with an Intel based machine so if you feel the need you could go crossfire in the future. Foxconn is also not the best brand from what I've heard.

I don't man to trash your rig, cause it'll perform nicely, but always look to future proof your pc. Yes you can fit more memory inthe board, but if you want better graphics you'll have yto purchase a new card entirely instead of just adding a second 4850.

Another idea is you could get interesting by getting a mATX board with an intel processor and create a LAN box, if you plan on moving the computer around. Ln boxes are very convenient.
 
if yo've got an ATi card then I would have gone with an Intel based machine so if you feel the need you could go crossfire in the future. Foxconn is also not the best brand from what I've heard.

I don't man to trash your rig, cause it'll perform nicely, but always look to future proof your pc. Yes you can fit more memory inthe board, but if you want better graphics you'll have yto purchase a new card entirely instead of just adding a second 4850.

Another idea is you could get interesting by getting a mATX board with an intel processor and create a LAN box, if you plan on moving the computer around. Ln boxes are very convenient.

Wha? Its an AMD chipset, it does crossfire. Both AMD and Intel chipsets can run Crossfire.
 
I like the build, it looks good and your gonna feel the difference...


I personally think it makes sense that you are getting an ATI card.. and a board and processor made by the same people.. lol...


I've been lookin around and I think my next build will be AMD again seeing as how I can actually afford an AMD system..

The idea of "future proofing" doesn't exist... since when does technology last that long? A new Intel system will cost 2x - 3x more then a new AMD based system...


BTW I have that motherboard on a computer and I like it a LOT! good choice! I plan on getting another when I build my new gaming rig!
 
sweet thanks on the information.

Not to rat on you Mr Orange, but if you would actually read my whole post, you wouldve seen that i have my processor already. Ordered and everything, and im currently looking at it. Im not going to change what i have. Although i did think about getting a mATX board, i considered this one instead because i like having a full ATX board (its just a weird thing i have) and from what i have heard somewhere else, is that this board should be able to support the Phenom 2 processor. If that is the case, i would like to get this one because then i could upgrade to the Phenom 2, and not have to buy another motherboard to just get it

Thanks Kodiak for the other infos. I like that i know someone (or atleast someone i can trust) that has the motherboard, and that really likes it. Although i have to give credit to Wally for finding it for me :D
 
I-Die-Often:

Yeah, i acutally looked at more processors, and the first link you have, i decided to go with that one. MIR brings it down to $50 and with that in mind, for 700W, its an amazing deal
 
there are a couple reasons I like the Fox, over the competition...


I personally have only compared the Fox, and Biostar 790GX boards, and I can tell why the biostars are cheaper. I know it's not the most mainstream comparison but identical systems except for the board... Linux and windows 2003 both ran better on the fox board who knows why but it did....


The phenom 2 is one of the reasons why I like the board so much too, I got it the day newegg got them in stock for a HTPC build, which I think I posted somewhere around here... but after I used it and realized how nice the board was I ditched the idea and built my linux box with it and it plays well with it. With the phenom 2's out and since they work on the fox board it will move up to my actual gaming PC once I get my income tax money.
 
yeah thats one of the reasons why i decided to go with the Fox board (havent bought it yet, but i will be) was the PII support. Knowing that, i know i will be able to upgrade to an extremely nice processor, without having to buy another mobo
 
Thats a pretty solid rig you got there. When it finally comes to upgrading my rig which wont be for a while ill probably go with AMD if i can get one that overclocks well. Youll love the 4850. especially cuz its made by XFX. The modular PSU will be nice for cable management. It will definately reduce the amount of clutter youll have to work with. Thats the only thing in my pc that i wish i would have done was get a modular PSU. They look so much better!
 
i have actually changed my power supply to something that isnt modular, so i will have those cables in my way. Im going to be doing some MAJOR cable management when i get it (probably close to 1-2 hours worth) just to get it exactly right, and looking nice as well
 

Latest posts

Back
Top