Looking for a newer video card

b0bfath3r

Thread Junky
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
845
Alright, so I'm looking for a newer video card to replace my e-Geforce 8800 gts 512mb. My mother board supports crossfire, it is the msi k9a2 platinum, and most of my other specs can support higher grade cards. I'm looking for something under $250 that will allow me to play with better settings on games like fallout 3, crysis, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions?
 
Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt it works enough to run stuff like left 4 dead perfectly so it is as powerful as needed to run new games well
 
how about the ATI XFX :D

There only 4 right now bout 3 of them are under 250$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=40000048 1305520549&Description=XFX&name=ATI

Not trying to nitpick here, but XFX is just the brand and not the actual type of video card.

For your price, I would probably say either an ATI 4870, or a Nvidia GTX 260 based card, although im not sure if the 4870's fall in your price range. Other than that, there are some nice solutions just above your price range, such as the 4850x2.

Good luck!
 
I really need a new vid card, but dont have much money as of now, since saving for a full system.
 
if you are willing to wait a GTX 260 would be the right thing. but for just now a 9600 should be fine. i would wait though, as it would be definitely worth it.
 
Yeah, i was thinking the 260, but it was a little over priced for me. I think ill wait a bit before buying.
Thanks for the advice all.
 
I don't think you'd see much, if any, gains from stepping "up" to a 9800 or 9600. The 8800 is a great card. I would probably hold out on an upgrade.
 
I don't think you'd see much, if any, gains from stepping "up" to a 9800 or 9600. The 8800 is a great card. I would probably hold out on an upgrade.

your right cause the 8800 has been renamed to 9800 and is now the 240.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top