COD4 Dx Error

-=Punisher=-

Poster
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
226
when i try setting my video settings it gives a DirectX error and tells me to view the readme. Im not sure whats going on or how to make it stop. I run CSS on 1680x1050 on all settings high, and i just want to run COD4 on 1680x1050 on mid to low settings.

Specs

Amd 5000+ 2.6Ghz
2Gb OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
8500GT 512MB PCI-Ex16 (updated newest verison of DirectX and Nvidia drivers)
 
For me, it was an Xfire error. When ever you go to change your rez setting, just turn off Xfire. When you are done, turn it back on. I had the same issue.
 
Reinstall directx, any files missing or curropt will be replaced.

I know it's always a good idea to uninstall broken things before reinstalling, but... DirectX is a female dog to uninstall, so if something is corrupted, you should find a game that has the DirectX installer on it, and just overwrite your existing dx.
 
For me, it was an Xfire error. When ever you go to change your rez setting, just turn off Xfire. When you are done, turn it back on. I had the same issue.

Very well this was the problem... Now its safe to turn Xfire back on now that the rez is what i want it? And will i have to make the change everytime i start up the game?
 
I know it's always a good idea to uninstall broken things before reinstalling, but... DirectX is a female dog to uninstall, so if something is corrupted, you should find a game that has the DirectX installer on it, and just overwrite your existing dx.

I did'nt say uninstall it.. lol that be like trying to uninstalling the internet :D

No I ment is just goto microsoft website grab the directx and reinstall, all it does really is overwrite lol
 
Very well this was the problem... Now its safe to turn Xfire back on now that the rez is what i want it? And will i have to make the change everytime i start up the game?

Simple soluation, uninstall xfire and blow it up into oblivion lol that program has caused more problems then a coyote at a chicken party lol
 

Latest posts

Back
Top