Quake Live Beta

Plork

Poster
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
164
So I got an invite to the Quake Live Beta. Downloading all the necessary files right now. Anyone else in on this? If I get any invites I'll pass them along. I was a huge Quake III Arena fan so I'm excited to see how this holds up as an in browser game. Unfortunately I have to head to court soon so most likely I'll have to wait until I get home to check it out. Yep. Court.

"Hey, where were you when the first black president was inaugurated daddy?"

"Well, I was in court over a stupid speeding ticket for going 12 over when people were flying by me. That's democracy in action son. Instead of working and making money to pay taxes and support myself when the economy was in the toilet, I was wasting getting screwed over by the man."

Ug, and I have to drive way up to the North 'burbs for it too.

Oh yeah, Quake Live Beta.

http://beta.quakelive.com
 
I've never been a huge fan of the Quake/UT formula. None the less the Idea of having a game of Quake 3's caliber running in a browser is to cool to pass up. Man I hope I get a beta key.
 
Just got home and played it a little in the "demo tutorial". Actually felt very good and just like the original. Looked good enough. I need to check out the settings to see how well it can actually run and try an online match.

Ticket paid, and now that I already canceled all my appointments for the day I've got nothing to do. Bleh.
 
Just got home and played it a little in the "demo tutorial". Actually felt very good and just like the original. Looked good enough. I need to check out the settings to see how well it can actually run and try an online match.

Ticket paid, and now that I already canceled all my appointments for the day I've got nothing to do. Bleh.

lol, nice
 
Well, first dude I played against was no doubt using an aimbot. Oh well.
 
I been waiting for this game to come out. I wasted many a good days playing Q3. :D

Any word on when this will be finally out of beta?
 
There's a second stress test being done tomorrow 2-4 p.m. Central. That's all I know. If I get any keys I'll be sure to pass them out but I'm guessing my key was mainly to get more people for this stress test.
 
How long did it take to get a key? I registered around 2 mos ago but i havent gotten an email yet.
 
When I checked my email this morning I got the key. I registered for it a loooong time ago.
 
Sweeeeeeeeet I just got that magic email form id. Time to break out the trusty rail gun. My how I missed her so. :D
 
Nice... i registered for it a few days ago... Hopefully I get a key.
I've always loved Quake 1 and 3.
Instagib Railgun is where its at :)
 
Got my email this morning, I can't even remember when I signed up. Seems to play good, feels like old Q3A. I think I found plork on friends but the fragbait account I found has been active 12 weeks so I guess thats someone else. Everyone post your username in here and we can start dominating this game too :)

Mine is leftfield

Doesn't seem to be letting us invite yet, but when it does I'll give them out here
 
Last edited:
I got an invite from a buddy off another website, but I've yet to be able to play. Hoping to over the weekend.
 
I registered, but I need to download the game. x]

I did play it a friends house though, he also got an invitation and plays it from time to time. :P
 
Ok, just checked in on the game and I have 10 invites to hand out.

Give me the first and last name you're going to be using for the game and email address. That's what it asks for, but I don't know if I need to enter the first and last name. We'll see I guess.

Oh, and from the invite page....

"Note: Invitation emails will be sent out once an hour. Depending on their email service it may take up to a few hours before your friend receives the email. Please make sure to let them know to be expecting an email from [email protected], and to verify that the email does not get filtered into their spam folder."

First 10.
 
Back
Top