INS Help

Stick

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
2,471
Alrighty guys I'm pretty good with computers and problems ,but this one stumps and frustrates me. I load up INS and try to join a server and 5 seconds later it ALWAYS tells me that hl2 has stopped working...now when I got stumped i went to my good friend google for some advice lol. Google says its most likely a registry error or DEP error so I tinkered with both of them and to no avail the game still will not work. This is the only game i get this problem on that is affiliated with steam. DOD:S, CS:S, TF2, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Garry's Mod, and countless other steam games work just fine I've never gotten the error on them and I doubt I ever will. When I first installed INS it worked perfectly fine for me I could join servers the whole 9 yards ,but recently-2 or 3 weeks ago it just dropped and started giving me the error. I haven't tried re-installing it yet ,when I do I will let you guys know the results. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

COMP SPECS:

OS:Windows Vista 32 Bit
CPU:Intel Duo Core running at 2.20 GHz
RAM:2 Gigabytes
DRIVE:300 Gigabyte SATA Drive

Thanks,
Stick
 
yea, I would always reinstall the game as a first measure, if that doesn't work, save local content and reinstall steam if that doesn't work, buy a cheap AK-47 like a Saiga and go to the range :)
 
Well, I would do that, I haven't had any probs like that,
Only once tho, I didn't know what GameOverlayUI.exe was and it somehow got blocked when i didn't want to it to be.

But i would reinstall Steam and see if that helps.
 
unfortunately I cant reinstall due to the fact I have way to many things and accounts :(
 
Back
Top