emit sound: pitch out of bounds

AzzNik

Famous
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
462
I have been seeing tons of this when i go to console....anyone know what this is from?
 
Heh, tried to google it and this thread came up first.

Anyways, for me and everyone I know in real life, all Steam games always have errors like this. I constantly get "Materials Missing", etc. If the game still runs normally for you, don't worry about it. :)
 
Yeah, I noticed this watching a friends demo the other day. Didn't seem to affect anything. Existence is right. I used to get 10 error messages in my console a minute and the game ran 100% fine.
 
Possibly reinstall the game?
It may not affect gameplay, but when you need to take a condump...
 
ah i found something that might fix this issue looking for some people to try and give feedback. I am having this same problem but i am getting a 1 second lag everytime it happens heres the fix i found on a random forum. also sorry bumping up such an old post.




LOL No one has read my original post and subsequent posts in this thread have they???.

I could have saved you a lot of time BW2

For TF2 the Steam Developers have identified what the problem is but are still doing more tests

HERE IS THE FIX FOR TF2 Increaseing your computers page pool size in the registry allows you to play uneffected with DirectX 9.

see this thread on how to find and set the registry setting.

http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/1015/

A setting of between 200-300 mb apprantly does the trick.

Just remember its in bytes so 300mb is 314572800 bytes in decimal ((300*1024)*1024).


Its not Heat, Sound cards, AV tools, video settings or anything like that.


Here are the instructions


I'll just list a small walkthrough on how to do this whole "PagedPoolSize" thing.

Here's how you open Registry Editor:

Start Menu > Run > regedit

Navigate down to this key. The REG_DWORD "PagedPoolSize"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize".
Hexadecimal is listed first.
Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:

Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal. They both are the same.

Code:
Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal
192Mb 0c000000 201326592
256Mb 10000000 268435456
384Mb 18000000 402653184

You do not need anything bigger than 400Mb... in most cases 300Mb is too much as well.

Once you are done, make sure you reboot your computer.

Enjoy!
 
Back
Top