Help me out guys.

Donka Shane

Poster
Joined
May 12, 2008
Messages
196
I'm buying a video card so that this old piece of junk can play some more games till I can build a new one.

My old BFG 6600 OC died and I'm replacing it.

I'm looking at these two cards and I cannot tell the difference other than one has a faster core clock and the other one has a different GPU cooler.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102073
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102781

Let me know which one you guys think would be the best buy.

Thanks in advance.
 
no its not going to matter.i would get the one with better cooling...you can over clock it to the other.but the other is overclocked all ready and might not go any higher.
 
If you could afford it why dont you shell out the extra $20 for this?
Its a lot better of a card and you could probably survive on your current rig for much longer and save up more cash to build a better pc when you get to it.
but if its out of your budget out of those 2 cards i would choose the one with the better cooler. Its not like you cant overclock it if you want to. And even if you did im sure the difference isnt that noticable anyways.
 
Well the problem is that my PSU is only rated at 200 watts......Thank you crappy HP system.

I don't know what the form factor for it is so I don't think I can upgrade it. If I could then I would put a better card in but I'm pretty sure the ones I chose are about as high as I can go power wise.

It ran my 6600 so it shouldn't have a problem running this.
 
Why dontcha just buy a cheap(er) card for now, and save your $$ to build your self a custom rig, with a PSU rated more then 200 watts ;).
 

Latest posts

Back
Top