Need Help on a Anti Virus program

Angeal

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
995
I've got Avira people say it's okay, I had Avasta and it seemed to hard for me,

I had AVG but it again got really annoying with the updates and stuff

I want to know is Avira any good

It's the free one too, if not can some one tell me witch one to get.
 
I've never heard of Avira... Ever
how can you get annoyed with updates by AVG?
Set it to automatically download / install them at some god awful time in the morning (mines set to like 5:00AM, so that I'm well in bed and not using my computer, then the scan starts at 6.. this is provided your computer is nearly always on) and you won't have an issue. I've been using it for years now.

Avast and Kapersky is also well known, and well used (I've never used either, but have only really heard positive about them) both are fairly light weight, and aren't complicated in the least.. If your struggeling to use something like AVG, I don't know what to tell you.

NOD32 is good too, but that ones not free.
 
Well it will say, Can not find internet make sure your internet is working right

And of course it is, And it wants to update all the time, I had a virus on my pc with avg installed and it didn't find anything, i installed Avast and it found it.

So i really don't know what's with that.

Witch one are you useing the 8 or 7 I'm used to have the 8 and it was bad >.<
 
People are saying they are very happy with it, My friend told me this is what he uses on his pc's and i decided i go with it :P
 
Last edited:
Speaking of that it already found another AVG didn't pick up, Avast did but didn't do anything about it, And this one did do something about it :eek:
 
Wow, triple posts ftw?
I've never ever EVER had an issue with AVG.
It catches everything for me, and I use 8.

But hey, to each his own.
Whatever works, is the way to go I guess.
Look up free antivirus reviews online, see what everyone else says.
AntiVir is also pretty decent.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top