Folding@Home (idea)

xenophek

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
735
I've been folding for a couple weeks now and I kind of get excited every time I check my stats and see how many work units I complete. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a program with the same goals as Folding@Home, but in the form of a game? I know there's a web based game where you have people click on your link and add to your city, so wouldn't it be cool to have a sim city adaptation for folding? The more you fold, the bigger your city grows. Have more people join your team, make the city bigger.

Yah?
 
basically a simple game that as you reach certain point values you add a building to the city, and for ever client that's run it adds a house to the joined neighborhood... if you reach major points like 100k, 500k 1 mil you get land marks put around the city... stuff like that?


they have sigs and images that can read points of a team and users and all that they just use #'s to represent everything... I'm sure it could be done... would be neat too...
 
It would be kinda neat if the points you earned would translate into in game cash for your city. As you hit certain marks you could build new building in your city and unlock new paint schemes, buildings, roadways, etc. It would definately be a cool thing to try out. too bad i cant program...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top