FPS slowdown

Phil*&?

I made one post
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
10
hi, i recently change my graphic card and add 2GB of ram for DoD:S....... and when i play in dod_avalanche, they're too many FPS decrease when people appears from no where and run in front of me. because of that i cannot kill somebody that move right in my face!!!!!

system info: Sapphire Ati Radeon X1650 PRO, 2GB of ram, Intel Pentium 4: 2,2GHz

plz help me!! these upgrades cost to me 200$ !!!!!
 
The video card you have named isn't really a great card for gaming these days. Have you tried decreasing your video settings?
 
i do, with the advanced option in the game...but with Ati Catalyst Center i didn't try yet
 
this isn't my fault, i have an old motherboard with PCI and AGP slots!!! i cannot put everything i want on that!
 
no, this card was an old asus v9180 64MB....... the last time i play dod with, there was pink and green line in the screen, and i didn't see the smoke, fire and water......

is a game defrag will do something??? or just change video card for a better.....if i could...with my great PCI and AGP slots!!!! :(
 
FPS Slow down

is a Sapphire Radeon HD3650 AGP 512Mo DDR2 128bit DX10.1 DVI-I+VGA+Svideo/RGB will be okay???
 
I would save your money and buy a more-up-to-date motherboard with SLI. I don't know your money situation, but you could spend around $100.00 for a 'SLI' ready motherboard. Oh, btw. SLI is a more advance technology than AGP. It uses two video cards instead of one. You can do a search using google and receive a more detailed explanation.
 
is a Sapphire Radeon HD3650 AGP 512Mo DDR2 128bit DX10.1 DVI-I+VGA+Svideo/RGB will be okay???

if you have the power supply to run it..but I would suggest saving your loot and getting a new mobo, chip, ram, and card.
Agp slots severly hold back games.they havent made apg cards in about 2 years.
and they dont make drivers for agp cards anymore.
 
I would save your money and buy a more-up-to-date motherboard with SLI. I don't know your money situation, but you could spend around $100.00 for a 'SLI' ready motherboard. Oh, btw. SLI is a more advance technology than AGP. It uses two video cards instead of one. You can do a search using google and receive a more detailed explanation.

I believe you are thinking of PCI-Express x16?

Although SLI is nice, its almost always better to buy a single card than two cheaper cards.

I'm gonna have to agree and say save up for a new mobo, cpu, video card. Because even if you get a good video card, you're CPU is a little on the slow side and that might bottleneck you.
 
If your willing to spend money on getting new parts just say how much and there will be a few of us that could help you out. That being said I got my parts for $300, already had HD, PSU and Case. Got MSI motherboard, AMD 5000+ BE, 2gb OCZ, and a 8500GT that runs CSS on 1680x1050 at about 100 fps. So its easy to budget and get decent hardware.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top