If you own a Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB HD, Read This.

Sn1PeR

Forum Fiend
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
727
Seagate issued a firmware update that will prevent your drive from failing randomly on boot. Only certain models and firmwares are affected, but it's definitely worth looking into!

Affected Models: ST3500320AS, ST3500620AS, ST3500820AS, ST3640330AS, ST3640530AS, ST3750330AS, ST3750630AS, and ST31000340AS

Affected firmware versions: AD14, SD15, SD16, SD17, SD18, SD19

I would be sure to check the Seagate knowledge base if you own a 7200.11 series 1TB Seagate hdd.
 
AHHH!
how do i check it?! im too lazy to take out my hdd...ive had it for about 3 weeks..and its fine!! :S
 
The only way I know of to check the firmware version is to look at the sticker on top of the hdd itself. Seagate does offer some utilities on their website that may check for you, but the box I have this drive in runs linux so I couldn't use it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top