Map testing

Santiago

Active Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
291
Is there a good place or way to get your map tested and get ideas to improve the layout and such. My reasoning is my map is to a point where I need to know if the lay out needs work before I get to crazy doing props and things like that.
By the way I am dealing with a tf2 map if that helps any.:D
 
Maybe create your own server and then go into by yourself to test it out? Or maybe you might be able to get eGO to try it out on an event night.
 
Do you mean while it's in the creation stages, or when it's at a solid creation stage where it's totally playable?

If it's pretty fully made and you want to get ideas for improvements, FPSB, Interlopers andFacepunch are certainly the way to go.

If you haven't got much done or don't want to make a public release, then just ask a few friends to help you test then either: ask a friend to run a server; run your own server; get various people to explore and self-test it or talk to a big clan like eGO and ask for a testing. In eGOs case, probably during an event.
 
Well to answer the above questions, it is to a point of playable. The big thing is making sure the layout is good before I get going to crazy on the props and such.
I have been doing map test here and there with dedicated server off my computer and have been getting some feed back that way. I guess that the big question I have is how the map works with team play.
By the way who would I have to contact to get the map tested in an event on eGO. My reasoning is the map is set up for a 32 player server, with a large amount of team work required to win the round.
 
With that in mind, I'd say you should have a chat with any of the TF2 advisors. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to look at the map and probably let you test it in an event.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top