Anyone know how to fix USB cords?

Beta

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
5,891
So, i have my razer deathadder. he cord was damaged a while back and i hope it can be replaced. the cord had a few rips so my cousin thought it would be smart to put tape over the rips -.-

that resulted into the glue going into the rips. im hoping the cord can be repaired. I will pay S/H both ways for anyone who can do it.
 
Put up some photos. But if the rubber is damaged and the internal wires are fine use some silicon. However, if the wires are damaged then you might have to splice a cable in between.
 
Image011.jpg


Image012.jpg


bad quality FTW

so the white you are seeing is the casing to the cords
 
If only the outer layer is damaged and the internal wires are fine just grab some electrical silicon and seal it nicely.
 
i dont wanna solder, i dont think ill do it right, but snip3r has been ever so kind to take a shot at fixing it for me, so !up sniper :)
 
Silicone is not soldering. If you have to solder might as well get a new mouse.

Heh, I soldered my Logitech G9 back to life again after the internal cables split (while I was waiting for the replacement Logitech was sending me, of course)... Trust me, it's not a fun job... It would have been fine if it was just a single wire going from the USB plug to the mouse, but instead, inside the cord there are 4 individual wires the thickness of a maybe 3 strands of hair.

I don't think I have to tell you how hard it is to get that thin a wire to bond again, yet alone withstand enough pressure to get each of the wires individually shielded from each other...

It ended up working just fine afterwords, though, and I had a working mouse while Logitech was taking their time in sending me a new one, so I guess it was worth it.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top