sv_pure mode or bring your own skins

So what do you think about skins?

  • sv_pure mode all users us default skins

    Points: 33 58.9%
  • Bring your own skins

    Points: 23 41.1%

  • Total voters
    56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quaffer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,824
So what do you folks think?

sv_pure mode

or

Bring your own skin


What is this all about?

With sv_pure mode all players have the exact same graphics on the screen. You can't paint the other teams clothes purple. You can't make the walls transparent. You can't turn peoples heads into bullseyes. You can't change your sights to have a better field of view.

With bring your own skin, the current system, we rely on the players sense of honor not to do all the disgusting stuff listed above and you can give your uniforms, your guns, the sandbags and anything else you can think of as much cool detail as your graphics card can handle.

I have updated this post because as of this writing there have been 147 viewers and only 31 people voting. I really would like to know what all of you think. So please vote. You don't need to post your reasons. Just select the radio box that expresses your view.

Thank you,
 
Last edited:
I like default skins because some people make their teammates stick out
 
sv_pure mode Specially if it helps cut down with hackers but I am not sure if does help...
Whoever knows this for sure should explain a little about this if possible.

Peace.
 
Nooo. I have a complete overhaul of skins. They're all legit, and make the game look much nicer.
 
Nooo. I have a complete overhaul of skins. They're all legit, and make the game look much nicer.

Same! I Love my high-res skins, if anyone wants the pack I use let me know I can send it.
 
wow such nice and Good poll and not many are posting anything. What is going on?
 
Custom skins :D

Dont have any, but when I figure out how to get some I am sure I will.
 
Yeah, I got have almost 100% custom skins, all high res, and all legit. I have made some upgrades to some of them myself, adding blood to my hi-res hands for when u punch people :) it owns...
 
im with the others i have everything reskinned all the way down to ammo boxes :-( i dont wanna loose them and i go for realism or at least what i think is realistic plus i wanna k-bar some more people
 
both are fine for me...right now i have the reg. skins but i use to have others
 
I've never been a fan of custom skins in online FPS games period, and I use the default skins.

But I'm not going to knock the people that do use something other than the default. I know you can do some unfair things with them, but it never really bothered me. I'll kill them anyway.
 
Custom skins are half the reason I play DOD:S. I love having the best skins I can find. I love my guns looking as real as possible and the default skins are horrible. Some people abuse the skin system that is true...but it doesn't seem like a bad enough plague from complaints that we should have the rest of us use default skins.
 
I Needz my custom skinz They make the game barable (like CSS). Oh yes, Duality, I want your pack, seems cool.
 
Default Skins here. Because we have a Punk Free server and it will be easier to rule out the cheaters.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top