New ATI Cards : HD4970 and HD4995 x2

I'm all for new ATI cards :D! I was kind of hoping ATI would release more powerful single GPU cards to compete with the GTX 285's and such. Can't wait until these mothers hit the market :D
 
Last edited:
They come out with new video cards so fast:eek: I bought my 8880 when it was like brand new then a few months they'd already made 9000's, and a new series:(
 
ill probaly stick with 4870X2 cause they still uber powerfull and the price will drop :D
 
I love Google Translate so much...

Awesome cards. I'm so glad they're releasing them in the near future. That means I can snag another 4800 series for Crossfire on a budget. Hooray for competition, but I don't think we really need cards that powerful. I mean, the 4870 x2 pretty much stomps every game out there. Imagine two of those cards in Crossfire...

It's getting to the point where our other hardware is actually the bottleneck. Like it matters.
 
I'll probably get a 4870 for Xfire with my 4830, but I'd have to get a new mobo first.
 
i totally agree thats ati is keepin up w/ nvidia. mind u that ati always has 2 take a lil bit of time in matchin up 2 nvidia, but they always try 2 keep in the race. i think the next step is that nvidia needs 2 start lowerin their prices on their cards (esp w/ how the economy is) as well as 2 do more battle w/ ati cost wise.
 
yeah it is almost always that the leaks go to german sites first.

guess i found my second graduation present for may. :P

-Blue
 
I'll probably get a 4870 for Xfire with my 4830, but I'd have to get a new mobo first.

not a good idea, buddy. You need to have them both be the same number, so stick with two 4870's, a 4870X2, or two 4830's. Dont mix and match, youll lose so much performance and possibly damage the card to the point where you would be better off with only one card.

-Blue
 
Looks like ATi will be back on top here soon enough. Cant wait for price drops on several cards. Maybe ill be able to pick up another 4850 to crossfire for a pretty cheap price. I love competition. Its so great for the consumers when 2 companies are going back and forth to beat each other. I think ATi is going to be doin pretty well by the end of the year if they keep this up.
 
Looks like ATi will be back on top here soon enough. Cant wait for price drops on several cards. Maybe ill be able to pick up another 4850 to crossfire for a pretty cheap price. I love competition. Its so great for the consumers when 2 companies are going back and forth to beat each other. I think ATi is going to be doin pretty well by the end of the year if they keep this up.

i just hope nvidia doesnt give up

-Blue
 
not only is this a good excuse for me to practice my german, this also makes me drool. excellent find and I will be looking forward to an official announcement on these.
 
not a good idea, buddy. You need to have them both be the same number, so stick with two 4870's, a 4870X2, or two 4830's. Dont mix and match, youll lose so much performance and possibly damage the card to the point where you would be better off with only one card.

-Blue

"Possible damage the card"

Excuse me, but you're talking out of your ass. ATI cards can crossfire ANY card in a series. ATI isn't Nvidia where you have the exact same card to SLI.

Seriously, if you think they crossfiring two different model cards is going to PHYSICALLY DAMAGE them, then you need to kindly gtfo.

/rant

~Gooda~
 
"Possible damage the card"

Excuse me, but you're talking out of your ass. ATI cards can crossfire ANY card in a series. ATI isn't Nvidia where you have the exact same card to SLI.

Seriously, if you think they crossfiring two different model cards is going to PHYSICALLY DAMAGE them, then you need to kindly gtfo.

/rant

~Gooda~

And yet again something well explained by the one and only Gooda !!
 
Take it easy, the guy misspoke... No need to for comments like "talking out of your ass" and "gtfo." Com'on dude, no need to be rude about it...

Excuse me, but you're talking out of your ass. ATI cards can crossfire ANY card in a series. ATI isn't Nvidia where you have the exact same card to SLI.

Seriously, if you think they crossfiring two different model cards is going to PHYSICALLY DAMAGE them, then you need to kindly gtfo.
 
Take it easy, the guy misspoke... No need to for comments like "talking out of your ass" and "gtfo." Com'on dude, no need to be rude about it...

That's probably gooda's way of "You're wrong". But yea, I can't deny it he could say it a little more friendly
 
Take it easy, the guy misspoke... No need to for comments like "talking out of your ass" and "gtfo." Com'on dude, no need to be rude about it...

How do you misspeak (well, misstype) that you're going to physically damage your graphics cards?

I stand by my statement.

~Gooda~
 

Latest posts

Back
Top