Internet Upgrade??

Jimmeh

Famous
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
511
Well right now my internet is not that great. I get lag anytime someone on my network (I.e my Family) even opens a web browser, and I download from webpages at a weak 78kb/s. My parents (I hate being stuck here.. 4 more years) say I have to pay $150 up front (because they know me paying is unreliable xD) to upgrade. And $150 is really sort of alot of money for me considering I only work part time and more than 3/4 of my pay check is gone before I even get it. well anyway this is the ISP website, we currently have "lite" and i wanna upgrade to "Standard"

What do you guys think? is it worth it?
 
What website?

If your a true gamer, yes, you want to upgrade from lite to standard.. 150$ is really not a lot of money, just give them 50$ outta 3 pay checks, then your good to go. It'll take longer that way, but it'll give you some extra pocket change.

I have Cable through Cogeco (only Canadians would know who this is).. I can play my TF2, brother can be watching YouTube videos, dad can be streaming the radio, heck, I even download torrents while playing sometimes and never lag. The only time I lag is when dad is uploading something for the website, and thats only temporarily.
 
I would have to say upgrade. I have cable and the speed test i just ran, California to Texas

I have LAN parties with some friends usually 5 of us playing tf2 and we don't have any lag issues. Two of my friends have even come over to my house to download games because it takes to long on their internet.
I say the faster the better.
 


Got Verizon FIOS here and cost about $60 a month for a 20MB down/ 2MB up, but the price is reduced a bit since I have a package deal for HDTV too.
 
Well I just had some stuff come out, so I will not be getting it, but thanks alot for your input. that's why I love this community.
 


Cox is great. I'm using their promo deal for 29$ and when is over is only $55ish (forgot) @ 8MBPS speed
 

Latest posts

Back
Top