Blu Ray-rom

Citizen Soldier

Active Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
283
I'm looking for a good blu-ray rom for my Desktop. Anyone have any suggestions to ones you have or heard good things about. I want excellent quality for a good price. I'm thinking Sony brand as of now.
 
This is the one that I bought and have used for many months now. It has worked perfectly with all of the discs I've tried on it, though you are going to need PowerDVD Ultra (or similar software) to playback Blu-ray movies. Also, don't forget: if you are going to be using a non-HDCP compliant monitor, you will need AnyDVD-HD to bypass the HDCP protection, or you won't be watching a thing!

EDIT:
This is the OEM version of the same drive if you don't need all the stuff included with the retail version. This is the version that I purchased, and it still comes bundled with all the cords and material you need to get set up - just no packaging other than some bubble wrap. But, hey, it's 10 bucks cheaper!
 
Last edited:
O i like that LG blu ray player. Thank you guys. One thing though, how do i find out of my monitor is HDCP or not?
 
Yep, looks like that monitor is indeed, HDCP compliant.

For future reference, here is a "Master Monitor List" that contain information on most newer models (including whether the panel is HDCP compliant, or not).
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top