M2N32 Sli-Deluxe Wireless AND Phenom II X4 940

PhIxX

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
712
Hey, random question. I've been reading where a couple different peeps have been able to pair the M2N32 board with the Phenom II's and was wondering if anybody here at eGO had done it.

I'm trying to extend the life of my MB - 'cause I really can't afford to buy a whole new system (even as tempting as making an AM3 system is coming up).

Have an old overclocked 3800+ X2 right now.
 
Try upgrading your bios, new bios upgrades sometimes support new CPUs. And, the newer bios's for your motherboard do support newer CPU's.

Also, I'm curious what speed your CPU is running at. I have the same one, and I'm having trouble overclocking. :(
 
I might not have the absolute latest BIOS (which I'd flash if I picked up this CPU). ASUS won't say one way or another on this CPU working with this board, but others have claimed it works fine, so I was just hoping maybe some eGO could attest to the fact.

Do you have the AM2 or 939 version? Granted there are several minor model changes even among the AM2's. Mine's an AM2and I have it at 2.5 (from the stock 2.0) right now, but I had it at 2.9 on air without any problems.
 
Mines an AM2. I can only get it up to 2.1 on air. When I try to get it to 2.2, or even 2.15, my PC turns on, but doesnt respond. Then, when I restart it, I get the error message: "The previous performance of overclocking has failed." Then, when I restart it again, my CMOS resets itself and returns to the stock setting.
 
I'll check my BIOS settings when I get home and let you know the specifics of how I'm getting there.
 
CPU Frequency = 250.0
CPU Voltage = 1.4
Multiplier = 10x
 

Latest posts

Back
Top