Team Fortress 2 Crashing

jshotzz

Active Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
282
My game would crash < 1 hour and say hl2.exe has stopped working :confused: anyone know the fix?

I got a

core 2 duo 8400
4 gig ram
dual 8800 gtx's

Thanks!
 
could be an overheating issue. also, make sure all directx and video drivers are updated.

-Blue
 
sounds like a instability issue kind of!
are you overclocked any ?
what mother board you using ??
and with 4gigs of ram ure northbridge will need some extra juice to handle that amount of ram.
also if your running 8400 with 4gigs of ram and 8800 in sli I hopes you got a big power supply. How many watts is ure current PSU
has TF2 ever run for over an hour on ure current setup ?
 
I'd try going back to 178 series nvidia drivers. 181.22 and some other 181's always crash my TF2. (I have dual 8800GTS)
 
thanks for the replies guys, I tracked down the bug and it seems to be the steam game overlay I turned it off and doesn't crash anymore but when I exit the game still shows hl2.exe error at least it doesn't crash whew...
 
thanks for the replies guys, I tracked down the bug and it seems to be the steam game overlay I turned it off and doesn't crash anymore but when I exit the game still shows hl2.exe error at least it doesn't crash whew...

I get the same error, I also have the same processor.
 
Whenever you begin to have performance problems, you need to set some performance monitors to watch your PC. Are you running Vista or XP? Vista has some great internal monitoring tools. XP not so much. But there are 3rd party tools too.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top