Here's my problem: no matter how low the graphical settings are for my game, FRAPS always eats the FPS. I'll be at 60 FPS with full graphics, then FRAPS lowers it to around 25. I'll be at 150+ FPS with no eye candy at all, low res, and FRAPS still brings the FPS down to around 25. So no FRAPS for me.
My question is this: does a hardware based method of screen capturing exist? For example, could I feed the video to another computer (a computer for the sole purpose of recording the video) and play the game on mine? Or would a video card upgrade/crossfire fix my FPS drop?
Hardware:
Core 2 Duo E7200, stable overclock at 3.6 GHz
ATI Radeon 4850
4 GB RAM
500 Gig 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
Gigabyte EP45 DS3L motherboard
Games in question: Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2
My question is this: does a hardware based method of screen capturing exist? For example, could I feed the video to another computer (a computer for the sole purpose of recording the video) and play the game on mine? Or would a video card upgrade/crossfire fix my FPS drop?
Hardware:
Core 2 Duo E7200, stable overclock at 3.6 GHz
ATI Radeon 4850
4 GB RAM
500 Gig 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
Gigabyte EP45 DS3L motherboard
Games in question: Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2


















