VGA cooler/ heatsink

Citizen Soldier

Active Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
283
I would say go with the thermaltake. I have the exact same thing(thermaltake duorb) for my old 8800GTS and it is a great cooler. The design is better than the zalman in my opinion and the fact that it has two fans as opposed to one makes a difference. And its cheaper. I would definitely go for the thermaltake.

-Blue
 
They're both good.

I would go with the Zalman personally... BUT only if space is no object for you. The Zalman cooler is significantly "Beefier" than the thermaltake cooler, so it'll use up more space.

However, since Blue Stealth has first hand experience with the thermaltake, I would trust his opinion.
 
You do know you lose your waranty when you replace the cooler, exept for EVGA(I think)
 
yeah from a picture ive seen that artic cooling one is a beast tho. make sure theres enough room in your case for it...

-Blue
 
Zalman all the way. They are known for dropping temperatures as low as 15 degrees!!! Then again, the space is a major concern. Does your case have a lot of fans? Upgrading your case fans may be a good idea too.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top