I posted in the Ins Division area first so moved it here....
Steam is killing me.
I can't get in to play my Ins
When I launch steam I get a window that says it's updating. It never does and then says I'm not connected to the internets. Obviously I am - I checked that.
I've been to steam's support page and it's saying firewall error is possible or perhaps AVG anti-virus. I've turned both off and still have the same prob. I've run through each of the steps they suggest to no avail.
I even tried to reinstall steam but it tried to connect to the internet to do that and I got the same error.
Anyone else out there encounter this or have an idea?
Thanks.
~ rat
I'm running Windows Vista (32 bit) SP1 on a Intel Core 2 6600 2.4 GHz with 2GB Ram. Got a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX Vid card
I should say that it's run fine on this rig up until 1/20/04 (last time I played)...Hmmm... Could this be Obama's fault? I hope not cause I voted for him! Damn...
Steam is killing me.
I can't get in to play my Ins
When I launch steam I get a window that says it's updating. It never does and then says I'm not connected to the internets. Obviously I am - I checked that.
I've been to steam's support page and it's saying firewall error is possible or perhaps AVG anti-virus. I've turned both off and still have the same prob. I've run through each of the steps they suggest to no avail.
I even tried to reinstall steam but it tried to connect to the internet to do that and I got the same error.
Anyone else out there encounter this or have an idea?
Thanks.
~ rat
I'm running Windows Vista (32 bit) SP1 on a Intel Core 2 6600 2.4 GHz with 2GB Ram. Got a NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTX Vid card
I should say that it's run fine on this rig up until 1/20/04 (last time I played)...Hmmm... Could this be Obama's fault? I hope not cause I voted for him! Damn...




