fps_max 300

Goretex

Thread Junky
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
805
Built my new computer a few weeks ago and went into tf2. I was blown away by the difference in performance. I went from.

Hp a1220n desktop
amd 2.4ghz processor
1gb 800mhz RAM
ati x1650 pro 512mb
380 watt PSU

to

Intel core 2 duo 3.0ghz
4gb 1066 RAM
EVGA 9800gtx+
Corsair 600 watt PSU

So I went in tf2, went over to 2fort because it seems to suck up the most FPS, cranked everything as high as it would go, and opened net_graph 1. Played for an hour or 2, never dipped below 55 FPS. I asked some people on ego how to raise my fps cap so I could see what fps I could get. Someone told me to try fps_max 300, so I disconnected from the server typed it in, and went back into the game.

It didn't work. Fps is still capped at 60 regardless of what i'm doing. I was wondering if my graphics card is forcing some kind of FPS cap to prevent screen tearing. I poked around the NVIDIA settings but I couldn't find anything.
 
Check the ingame settings too. There's an option that says "enable v-sync" or "enable vertical sync." This option should be disabled. That will set your FPS cap to 300fps.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top