Troubles opening downloaded file

Falco

Poster
Joined
Jun 15, 2008
Messages
194
Hey guys, I recently downloaded a mmorpg game from a private server. But when I try to open it and extract the game (it seems that the file I downloaded was a .rar file, even though it says .exe) this appear:

1)(Double click) Open file: I click on "Run", otherwise it close.

2)7-Zip self extractingarchive: here I chose where I want to extract the files
===>Also, here I click on "extract" after choosing where to extract

3)7-Zip: Diagnostic message: Here's the problem: "Can not open file 'C/Documents and Settings/"MY NAME"/Desktop/RF PoA.exe' as archive. (Side Note- "RF PoA.exe" is the name of the downloaded file)

I don't know if it is that I need some kind of software, or if it is that something while downloading got corrupted or something like that. Anyway, all the help you can give me will be more than welcome.
 
try downloading WinRAR, if that doesn't open it, try alcohol120% or DaemonTools, cz what you have might be a disk image which can't be extracted, but must be mounted on a virtual drive! if you need links for those, PM me!
 
It may be corrupted. Compare the size of the file with the one on the server, and if you can, an MD5 check.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top