Source games crashe due to "shaderapidx9.dll"

CroutonsofDeath{RD}

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,067
Hey. I've been having this problem since earlier today. Left4Dead crashes on start due to "shaderapidx9.dll" I ran DxDiag and it says that that DLL is just fine. I tested a few other games including F.E.A.R. 2, TF2, FarCry 2, Fallout 3 etc... and all of them worked except TF2. Only source games are crashing because of this. Didn't happen until today.

Computer Specs:

Modified Dell Dimenxion 8300
512 mb Radeon x1650 pro
3 gb memory
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
3.2 ghz Pentium 4
Windows XP
Latest updates, service packs, and drivers installed.
 
Do you have AIM installed? Its recent update screws with source.

Also try running TF2 at dx8 using the '-dxlevel 81' in the advanced start commands box.
 
Are you running xfire? if so try shutting down xfire, I have found that zfire causes problems sometimes.

If not, then you could just try reinstalling directx, well more like overwritting it again.

If all eles fails, re-install steam or repair.
 
I do not use ANY messenger program. I've reinstalled steam and all my games, hasn't helped. Reinstalling DirectX didn't help. Setting it to directx 8 using that command made my entire computer crash.
 
I'd blame your drivers. I'm not familiar with ATI drivers, but I know nvidia drivers have been laying down some pain when it comes to Source games recently (mostly fixed in 182 series). Try going back to an older driver.
 
I'd blame your drivers. I'm not familiar with ATI drivers, but I know nvidia drivers have been laying down some pain when it comes to Source games recently (mostly fixed in 182 series). Try going back to an older driver.

I attempted this, didn't work either however I found out the problem.

I made a bit of a dumb mistake awhile back and ignored a little warning about a keylogger infecting a program I really needed to run. The keylogger led to other viruses, and I finally dusted off my scanner and ran a thorough check of all my memory and windows directories and I had over 300 different trojans, loggers, malware, and viruses. I had to reformat everything but it seemed to fix it..... (Makes note to rememebr what a "Keylogger" is. I didn't know what it was until after I had used it....
 

Latest posts

Back
Top