No sound

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Ok, new issue. I removed my Creative sound card, apparently none of their drivers will do what I need, so forget them. I installed the Realtek driver for my motherboard, but not getting any sound. Any suggestions?
 
Last edited:
Ok, look in your device manager to see if there are any multimedia stuffs still missing drivers. That would be a big help. What motherboard do you have? Check with the manufacturers site for drivers or if it's a premade, check that company's site.
 
I have a Gigabyte motherboard. Ill check on their site when it comes to new drivers.
 
In addition, if for some reason the computer thinks the creative card is still installed (which it shouldnt) it may still be trying to route the sound through that card instead of your onboard sound. I would check in your windows hardware... or umm... the sound and multimedia manager through control panel to check and make sure your onboard sound is set as the default sound device for your computer. It may not be and it may just be that your computer is not sending sound through it.

As was already suggested though, make sure that the drivers are installed properly... and also maybe check and make sure you didnt disable the onboard sound in the bios as I know some people will do that when installing an add on sound card.
 
Ok, well I found that there was still the Creative information in the Add/Remove programs area (didnt think to look there), but now that its gone, ive installed the 2 drivers that are available for my motherboard (according to Gigabyte's site), but still it says No Sound Device. I just dont understand it. Also it says that it recognizes theres an audio channel for HD Audio Bus, but for some odd reason, it came find it in the motherboard cd or the software that I downloaded.
 
Check you BIOS to make sure you didn't disable onboard sound. Also, make sure you didn't install the HDMI audio driver for your video card.
 
Ok, checked bios, not sure where the onboard sound bit would be. I checked all the necessary areas where the onboard sound might be, but found nothing. I ran outta battery so I could take a pic of my bios screens. Any ideas on where the onboard sound stuff may be??
 
Ok, just so you guys know, ive noticed another issue, im sure its a good size issue, but i wonder how 2 take care of it. between admin tools & automatic updates, there should be some kinda audio setting there, but it seems to have disappeared. not sure if the creative audio driver removed it or the realtek driver removed it, but its not there. if someone can help me on that, you would be awesome!!
 
well ive done some research online for the "No Audio Device" error & have seen like 1 person have some solution, but I checked into it, & all my settings were exactly as they had it, so now im not sure what to think.
 
well i have good news & bad news. good news is that im back in action sound wise, so ill be comin back into the servers. however, bad news is that i still dont have any mic capabilities. i have downloaded a driver, but will install that later. i really wanna get back into the servers, esp since i havent played a game in round 2 weeks. i def wont play for long tho. just simply wanted to give this lil update. btw, i did some further research & found the original driver for the card online, which is great. now if i can get the microphone to work, then ill be in almost perfect shape. next thing ill need to upgrade will be my 120mm fan in the back w/ a scythe (def gonna get that slipstream guy).
 
IMMM BAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Its official, my sound & mic are back! I found the original driver online @ fileplanet.com, so the praise goes to them for having it online. It fixed it all!! Anyways, for those TF2 players, ull be seeing me more in game from now on!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top