Missing tf2 textures/sounds

Goretex

Thread Junky
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
805
Since the last tf2 update I seem to have issues with missing sounds/textures. It seems 1 in every 30 rockets has no actual explosion and no corresponding explosion sound. I first noticed this when spectating a player and I could not hear his backstab sounds. The sounds that seem to have vanished are:tf2 rocket sound/explosion, pipe bomb/sticky explosion sound/texture, sniper headshot sound, and the screaming sound from people when they are backstabbed.

What is weird is that it isn't missing all the time. I can sit in the spawn and shoot 100 pipebombs and maybe 5-10 dont make any sound.I tried looking in google but I couldn't find much. one other person had this issue but in their console there was a missing sound/texture warning, but in my console there is nothing.

The microphone seems to lag now too. Everyones voice stutters terribly, then within 15 minutes the problem is gone, only to return when I reconnect later in the day.

This only started happening after the update came out, and I can't find any way to fix it.

perhaps I should reinstall my sound drivers?

EDIT: I just tried playing a bunch of games. I had no sound issues with any of them.
 
Last edited:
Try deleting the TF2 folder in steam, once you launch the game TF2 will rebuild it.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\accountname\teamforetress2\

If that doesnt work delete the local content through the Steam games window and reinstall TF2 something might have corrupted in there..
 
Ok, so apparently i'm stupid and I didn't put my router back where it was in the first place, and it was interfering with something downstairs causing me to have very odd lag. I moved my router literally 1 foot ahead and the problem is gone.

Just thought I would post this if others have this issue.
 
Yeah same thing i had mine on the wall on a Screws and it crashed so much i put it on top of my dad's desk where the monitor it's above the monitor on a small shelf

So mines over and isn't crashing so much anymore and no more internet out yet, lets

hope it doesn't

Angeal.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top