Which Case Fan?

I usually go for as much air can be pushed. Sometimes you get some that are too loud. I try and use 120cm as much as possible. I would check out Jab-tech. They are far cheaper. I got some awesome Yate Loon fans 120cm for about 20 bucks with shipping. I think i order 4-5. They push alot of air and are quite.
 
120mm= RPM 1700 ?10% RPM
Air Flow 63.85 CFM
Noise Level 29.67 dBA

80mm= RPM 2500?10% RPM
Air Flow 31.73 CFM
Noise Level 28 dBA

To be honest, voltage will be the least of your issues. Its really what you're wanting to accomplish with the fan. If your looking for max air flow, then the 120mm is the best choice. Its a matter of how much cubic feet of air you can push outta your case to keep it cool w/o the fan itself being too loud. I would suggest this fan tho (its about the same price range, but moves a lil more air than the 120mm u suggested) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185058
 
That's a no brainer, the 120 has MUCH better airflow and looks WAY better.
There are better brand, but it's just a fan.
Make sure your case can support this size (common on aftermarket cases).
 
You would need to physically measure the faun mounts. The odds are, unless you bought a really nice case, that it won't support 120mm's. Your options are then to stick with what fits it, or break out the dremel tool and get to work. Bigger fans can be run at slower rpm (hence quieter), while still pushing the same amount of air as a smaller fan at higher rpm.
 
Dang man, you can only have 80mm fans.
You can put a 120mm in there just you would have to do some minor modding.
 
ACTUALLY, if you look really close, on the newegg link, you can place a 120mm in the back of it, i noticed holes where you can place 120mm fans @, its just that they have 80mm fans installed @ the back.
 
No there isn't...
I was looking at that case for my PC but I upgraded to a Xion II.
With 2 x 120mm and 1 x 80mm. :)
 
hey vader, i took a 2nd look @ the xion case that he has & if u look @ the back, there are holes where you can install a 120mm & have the 80mm fan removed. like i said, look REAL CLOSE!! it may be hard to spot it, but the holes are there.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top