Bought a Cyberpower PC

TF2 is very CPU limited due to the fact that it does not make very much use of multicore capability. That is to say, on my quad and your i7 TF2 is only maxing out 1 CPU core, the other may have a little activity here and there for the particle engine, but not much else. Once they enable a more l4d style multicore support our fps should shoot through the roof. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same level here (I'm running 2x 8800GT SLI's which are similar in performance to your 4870), and I can't get much better in Cashworks either :(
 
Not bad considering prices compared to Alienware (TOTAL OVERPRICED), those compaines like Cyberpower and Uberclok are MUCH better and give you more realistic prices. But yet again for $1600 bucks I could of put a HD 4870 X2 in there. :P

Believe me, I tried to make a build doing it myself to save some $$, but once you add shipping for all the individual pieces, the savings just wasn't there. I built my last two computers, but this one I skipped the hassle. Prices continue to come down, tho.
 
TF2 is very CPU limited due to the fact that it does not make very much use of multicore capability. That is to say, on my quad and your i7 TF2 is only maxing out 1 CPU core, the other may have a little activity here and there for the particle engine, but not much else. Once they enable a more l4d style multicore support our fps should shoot through the roof. I just wanted to make sure we were on the same level here (I'm running 2x 8800GT SLI's which are similar in performance to your 4870), and I can't get much better in Cashworks either :(

You really don't need the extra fps as it runs pretty darn smooth even dipping into the 40s in heavy action.
 
Back
Top