Server help

-Jv-

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
2,159
I was able to succesfully setup a tf2 server with HLServer but I can't connect to it myself... Other people can connect to it..

This is my run.bat

Code:
c:\HLserver\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game tf -hostport 27015 +ip 192.168.1.8 +maxplayers 24 +map ctf_2fort

But whenever I remove the +ip 192.168.1.8 I can connect but nobody else can. I run the server on the same comp...
 
in the server.cfg file, did you set sv_lan 0? Also, if you're trying to connect to it through the internet, you're gonna need the external IP.
 
in the server.cfg file, did you set sv_lan 0? Also, if you're trying to connect to it through the internet, you're gonna need the external IP.

sv_lan is set to 0, and I connect on the same comp as the server itself by typing connect 127.0.0.1 in console

and other people can connect exept me.. But if I remove +ip 192.168.1.8 from the command line. I can connect but nobody else anymore..
 
yea cause you need to connect from a different computer. as far as I know some games you cant play on the same computer as you are hosting on.
 
Nvm, I got it fixed by running the server on another comp... But that was a very old comp so I hooked up another LAN cable to the 2nd LAN port on my mobo and it worked :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top