'StarCraft II' Beta in "Months Ahead", Will Include New Battle.net

2 F 4 B P

Active Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
363
During their latest earnings call to stockholders, Activision Blizzard hinted that the beta for StarCraft II would begin in the "months ahead."

The comments were made by Blizzard COO Paul Sams, who also revealed that the beta keys handed out at BlizzCon 2008 will be used for the StarCraft II beta.

Furthermore, the beta will include an early look at the new & improved Battle.net architecture that will ship with the game (whenever that may be).

N'Gai Croal, in his Twitter coverage of the call, spoke of Blizzard's plan to release "one frontline title a year; its numbers show this, says Sams. He won't say whether it's Starcraft or Diablo." I will officially believe this when it happens.

All Access Preview

Source

StarCraft II Website
 
lol, knowing blizzard. I wont believe anything until I have the disc spinning in my disc drive...and even then I will still be a bit skeptical.
 
Its a shame they upgrade their website at the speed of a dead turtle:(
 
LOL...this is news? I was worried that Blizzard had released their demo months ago, but it's nice to know they plan on releasing it, and in the months ahead at that.

I look forward to trying it next year.
 
If it wasn't for WoW, Blizzard would have gone down the tubes looong time ago. Lucky them.
 
are these space games ever gonna be made for steam....there was one....it was free and a beta.....i forget the name
 
If it wasn't for WoW, Blizzard would have gone down the tubes looong time ago. Lucky them.

HAH! That's not even close to true. Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2 are still some of the highest selling games in the market. And they are intensely old. Blizzard would be doing just fine without WoW. It just so happens they made a really good mmo that was easy for intro users to get into.
 
HAH! That's not even close to true. Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2 are still some of the highest selling games in the market. And they are intensely old. Blizzard would be doing just fine without WoW. It just so happens they made a really good mmo that was easy for intro users to get into.

Ahh, I forgot about Diablo. Well I said that because blizzards production, like Geno said Runs at the "speed of a dead turtle". Which is true xP

Good mmo's = big money = Blizzard can laze around for a long time.
 
As far as RTS's go, I'm perfectly fine with Command and Conquer 3: Kanes Wrath, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, the Dawn of War series, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Sins of a Solar Empire.

I can wait, its no rush for me.
 
Back
Top