- Joined
- Nov 17, 2008
- Messages
- 174
...is my stupidity showing guys?
OK so the story goes I bought this AverMedia card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100014 and stuck right into my DELL but damned if I knew how to use it! Firstly the box has nearly no instruction besides the phrase "put the card into your computer"... I stuck the thing into my only PCIe port, but the box also includes a small 8-to-10 pin connector which I didnt hook up to anything - (please try to contain your laughter) - where and how and what's it for? (You can see the small connector on the pic of the card right?) Basicly all I've done is hook up my cable to the card and the card to my PC and the antenna and receiver to the card. (The antenna is pretty useless BTW.) Although Media Center sees it, I only get the reception of analog channels although the card has a QAM tuner and I should get the free digital channels I see in my bedroom. And get this - Media Center says "I see more than one tuner but they are either no signal or whatever so I cannot use them." I obviously waaaaaaaaay off - please tell me and explain or point in the right direction! I going a bit crazy here. The reviewers say that you need newer drivers (I tried windows' own search, beta from avermedia, regular from avermedia, and avermedia QAM app (whatever they mean by that!) Please point out where I screwed my hookup? 1 reviewer says hook up cable to both holes in the card. HUH?! As you can see I need "professinal" help.
OK so the story goes I bought this AverMedia card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100014 and stuck right into my DELL but damned if I knew how to use it! Firstly the box has nearly no instruction besides the phrase "put the card into your computer"... I stuck the thing into my only PCIe port, but the box also includes a small 8-to-10 pin connector which I didnt hook up to anything - (please try to contain your laughter) - where and how and what's it for? (You can see the small connector on the pic of the card right?) Basicly all I've done is hook up my cable to the card and the card to my PC and the antenna and receiver to the card. (The antenna is pretty useless BTW.) Although Media Center sees it, I only get the reception of analog channels although the card has a QAM tuner and I should get the free digital channels I see in my bedroom. And get this - Media Center says "I see more than one tuner but they are either no signal or whatever so I cannot use them." I obviously waaaaaaaaay off - please tell me and explain or point in the right direction! I going a bit crazy here. The reviewers say that you need newer drivers (I tried windows' own search, beta from avermedia, regular from avermedia, and avermedia QAM app (whatever they mean by that!) Please point out where I screwed my hookup? 1 reviewer says hook up cable to both holes in the card. HUH?! As you can see I need "professinal" help.





