- Joined
- Jun 4, 2008
- Messages
- 124
Hey guys,
So here's the deal. My dad is considering buying me a laptop for school work and I am wondering how well it will perform in terms of PC gaming and general internet use. It's only $450 so I think it's a great deal but I'm looking for some opinions from you guys because I'm not a great computer wiz at this stuff and I need some input. It comes with Windows Vista Business and XP. I'm copying the specs right now. Advice on something better to shoot for would be nice as well as what it'll cost me to get certain stuff. If I need to dip into my savings to get a great laptop let me know. I'm quite naive about the whole laptop market and what to get. Wow that was alot of rambling so I hope you got through that. Here are the specs.
Thanks for the help!!!
-Bubba
linky: http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Lenovo_3000_N500_4233/423353U/U78319/
Manufacturer: Lenovo
Manufacturer Part: # 423353U
Cost Central Item: # U78319
Product Description: 3000 N500 T3200 2g 1gb 160gb Dvdr 15.4-wxga Wvb
Approximate Dimensions: (WxDxH) 14.1 in x 10.1 in x 1.5 in
Approximate Weight: 6 lbs
Localization: English
System Type: Notebook
Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN antenna
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 / 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
Cache Memory: 1 MB - L2 cache
RAM: 1 GB (installed) / 3 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz - PC2-5300 ( 1 x 1 GB )
Card Reader: 4 in 1
Hard Drive: 160 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Optical Storage: DVD-Writer - integrated
Display: 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colors) - VibrantView
Audio Output: Sound card
Telecom: Fax / modem - 56 Kbps
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
Wireless NIC: Lenovo 11b/g
Notebook Camera: Integrated - 1.3 Megapixel
Input Device: Keyboard, touchpad
Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Battery: Lithium ion
Run Time (Up To): 3.8 hour(s)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business
Environmental Standards: EPA Energy Star
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty
So here's the deal. My dad is considering buying me a laptop for school work and I am wondering how well it will perform in terms of PC gaming and general internet use. It's only $450 so I think it's a great deal but I'm looking for some opinions from you guys because I'm not a great computer wiz at this stuff and I need some input. It comes with Windows Vista Business and XP. I'm copying the specs right now. Advice on something better to shoot for would be nice as well as what it'll cost me to get certain stuff. If I need to dip into my savings to get a great laptop let me know. I'm quite naive about the whole laptop market and what to get. Wow that was alot of rambling so I hope you got through that. Here are the specs.
Thanks for the help!!!
-Bubba
linky: http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Lenovo_3000_N500_4233/423353U/U78319/
Manufacturer: Lenovo
Manufacturer Part: # 423353U
Cost Central Item: # U78319
Product Description: 3000 N500 T3200 2g 1gb 160gb Dvdr 15.4-wxga Wvb
Approximate Dimensions: (WxDxH) 14.1 in x 10.1 in x 1.5 in
Approximate Weight: 6 lbs
Localization: English
System Type: Notebook
Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN antenna
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 / 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
Cache Memory: 1 MB - L2 cache
RAM: 1 GB (installed) / 3 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz - PC2-5300 ( 1 x 1 GB )
Card Reader: 4 in 1
Hard Drive: 160 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Optical Storage: DVD-Writer - integrated
Display: 15.4" TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colors) - VibrantView
Audio Output: Sound card
Telecom: Fax / modem - 56 Kbps
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
Wireless NIC: Lenovo 11b/g
Notebook Camera: Integrated - 1.3 Megapixel
Input Device: Keyboard, touchpad
Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
Battery: Lithium ion
Run Time (Up To): 3.8 hour(s)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business
Environmental Standards: EPA Energy Star
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty













